Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.

Street furniture

View as Grid List
Sort by

Telephone booths, Expo '70, Osaka

Tange, Kenzo (1913-2005)
NOTES: Kenzo Tange was Chief architect of the Expo.

Town centre phase 1, Cumbernauld New Town: a litter box on an access deck to Galbraith's supermarket

Cumbernauld Development Corporation
NOTES: Created as a population overspill for Glasgow City, Cumbernauld was designated a new town in 1955. Leslie Hugh Wilson was the first Chief Architect to the Cumbernauld Development Corporation (CDC) which oversaw the development, promotion and management of the New Town until 1996. He was succeeded in 1962 by Dudley Roberts Leaker.

'Unica', 78 rue Neuve, Brussels

Frederick Sage & Company
NOTES: Frederick Sage & Company were the shopfitters.

Freemasons' Hall, Great Queen Street, London: entrance to the Grand Temple

Ashley & Newman
NOTES: This, the third Freemasons' Hall to be built in Queen Anne Street, is both the headquarters of the United Grand Lodge of England and the principal meeting place for Lodges in London. It was built in 1927-1933 as a memorial to the many Freemasons who died on active service during World War I and was initially known as the Masonic Peace Memorial.

42-45 Bedford Square, Bloomsbury, London: the west side of the square

Leverton, Thomas (1743-1824)
NOTES: Bedford Square, built between 1775 and 1783, was the first square to have been planned on the London estate of the fifth Duke of Bedford and is the last complete Georgian Square in Bloomsbury.

Lancaster House, St James's, London: lateral view of the entrance portico with St James's Palace in the background

Wyatt, Benjamin Dean (1775-1855)
NOTES: Construction on Lancaster House, the last great Georgian London mansion, began in 1825 for the Duke of York and Albany, the second son of King George III and was initially known as York House. The exterior was designed by Benjamin Dean Wyatt and was only a shell at the Duke's death in 1827. The house was purchased by the 2nd Marquess of Stafford in 1829 and the interiors were completed by Wyatt, Sir Charles Barry and Sir Robert Smirke by 1840.

Flats, Annfield, Newhaven

Sir Basil Spence & Partners