NOTES: Created as a population overspill for Glasgow City, Cumbernauld was designated a new town in 1955. Leslie Hugh Wilson was the first Chief Architect to the Cumbernauld Development Corporation (CDC) which oversaw the development, promotion and management of the New Town until 1996. He was succeeded in 1962 by Dudley Roberts Leaker.
NOTES: This page is part of sketchbook II of interior details of Carlton House. The drawings date from between 1787 and 1795 and were probably drawn by two of Holland's assistants, Charles Heathcote Tatham and Jean Pierre Theodore Trecourt. The house was demolished in 1825 and replaced by Carlton House Terrace, designed by John Nash.