NOTES: This development, sited west of the Tower of London and north of Lower Thames Street consists of offices, shops, restaurant and a public house. The lamp standards seen here were designed by the architects.
NOTES: The building was designed by Michael Rosenauer with Hugh Casson and Misha Black amongst others, responsible for the interiors. The office for the Deputy Editorial Bureau Chief was designed by Neville and Mary Ward and Frank Austin including the furniture.
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.