NOTES: The design for the Port of Liverpool Building (formerly Mersey Docks and Harbour Board Offices, more commonly known as the Dock Office) was won in competition by Briggs & Wolstenholme with Arnold Thornely and F. B. Hobbs. Built in 1904-1907, the structure is of steel encased in concrete, with a facing of Portland stone.
NOTES: The church was designed by E. S. Prior and A. Randall Wells, who had been Lethaby's Clerk of Works at Brockhampton (1904). Many of the fixtures and fittings are by Ernest Gimson, notably the oak panelled chancel and the oak choir stalls.
NOTES: The church was built in 1160-1187 incorporating the remains of the early 4th-5th century church on the site and traces of a Roman house and baths. The front facade (not seen) was erected in 1589.
NOTES: The church is mainly 14th century with some later additions. The original chancel was demolished some time in the 16th century, but fragments remain. The porch was added in the 15th century and the interior fittings also date from then.