Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Lion statue, Market Square, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire

Duresne, A.
NOTES; This is one of a pair of cast-iron lions brought to the town from the grounds of Waddesdon in 1888.

Clandon Park, West Clandon, Surrey: grotto and statue of the Three Graces

Brown, Lancelot, 'Capability' (1716-1783)
NOTES: Clandon Park was rebuilt in Palladian style for 2nd Lord Onslow by the Venetian-born architect, Giacomo Leoni, c.1730-1733. Work on the interiors continued into the 1740s. The grounds were landscaped by Lancelot 'Capability' Brown in the 1770s.

Chiswick House, London: detail of the grand staircase to the main entrance

Burlington, Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of (1694-1753)
NOTES: Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of Burlington and 4th Earl of Cork, refronted the existing Chiswick House and designed and built the adjoining villa to display his art collection and entertain friends in 1727-1729. He was inspired on his grand tour by Palladio's Villa Capra 'La Rotonda' near Vicenza.

Teatro Olimpico, Vicenza: the fixed backdrop upon the stage

Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)
NOTES: The theatre was Palladio's last work and was completed by Scamozzi who designed the fixed backdrop on the stage (supposedly based on Thebes).

Cathedral of San Geminiano, Modena: close-up of one of the two lions flanking the Porta Regia

Anselmo da Campione (fl. 1160-1175)
NOTES: Construction on the Cathedral began in 1099 under the direction of the masterbuilder Lanfranco. It was consecrated in 1184. The Porta Regia was added in 1209-1231 by Anselmo da Campione and his heirs. The lions, probably discovered while digging the foundations, are of Roman age.

Teatro Olimpico, Vicenza

Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)

Villa Cordellina Lombardi, Vicenza

Massari, Giorgio (1687-1766)

Royal Palace, Caserta

Vanvitelli, Luigi (1700-1773)

Fragments of the colossal statue of Constantine the Great, Palazzo dei Conservatori, Rome

Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES: Constantine I reigned from 25 July 306 AD to 29 October 312 AD. The Palazzo dei Conservatori, which houses part of the Capitoline Museum, was built by Giacomo della Porta in 1564-1575 to the design of 1536 by Michelangelo.