Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Statues

View as Grid List
Sort by

Gloucester Cathedral: detail of six of the statues of the Apostles with St Peter in the centre

RIBA137303
NOTES: The cathedral was built between 1089 and 1499. It was extensively restored by Sir George Gilbert Scott between 1873 and 1890, and in 1897.

Rosslyn Chapel, Midlothian

RIBA137312
NOTES: Erected by Sir William St Clair, construction on this chapel began in c.1446 and continued until his death in 1484. It was intended to comprise a choir, nave and transepts, but only the choir was completed. No repairs were carried out until 1736 and a further restoration was undertaken in 1861-1862. It is also known as Rosslyn Chapel and was formerly St Matthew's Collegiate Church.

Temple of the Four Winds, Castle Howard, North Yorkshire

RIBA137313
Vanbrugh, Sir John (1664-1726)
NOTES: The Temple of the Four Winds lies at the eastern end of Temple Terrace, commanding stunning views across the hills. It was designed by Vanbrugh but remained unfinished at the time of his death in 1726; the interiors were finally decorated in 1738 by the stuccoist Francesco Vassalli. The temple was originally used as a place for refreshment and reading, beneath it is a cellar where servants prepared the food they served to the family above.

Saint Peter and Saint Paul, Lavenham, Suffolk: detail of the entrance porch with the shields of the De Vere family and statues of St Peter and St Paul

RIBA137587
NOTES: The church was built between 1486-1525; the tower dates from 1486-1495, with the upper parts constructed as part of the second building campaign 1517-1525.

Holy Trinity Long Melford, Suffolk: detail of roof supports and statues

RIBA137665
Woodyer, Henry (1816-1896)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1380-1390, but between c. 1467 and 1507 a major rebuilding took place. In 1701 the tower was struck by lightning, rebuilt 1712-1725 and later added to and encased in flint and stone by the architect G. F. Bodley, 1897-1903. The interior of the church was restored in 1867-1869 by Henry Woodyer, the nave roof and clerestory having been restored in 1828.

Brandenburg Gate and the Quadriga, Berlin: the Quadriga

RIBA138703
Langhans, Carl Gotthard (1732-1808)
NOTES: The gate was designed by Carl Gotthard Langans in 1799-1791.The sculpture of the Quadriga with Viktoria above the gate was made by Johann Gottfried Schadow and added in 1793.

Spring House, Conduit Rise, Cambridge: detail of seated statue

RIBA145191
Wilson, Sir Colin St John (1922-2007)
NOTES: The house was designed for the artist and writer Christopher Cornford (1917-1993).

Somerset House, Strand, London: the west entrance hall to the Gallery and the Great West stair

RIBA145233
Chambers, Sir William (1723-1796)
NOTES: Somerset House was designed by Sir William Chambers 1776-1796. The north wing was built in 1776-1780. In 1989 this was converted into a new home for the Courtauld Institute of Art by Green Lloyd Architects, which included the provision of galleries for the Courtauld collection and teaching spaces. See RIBA145237 for a colour version of this image.

Somerset House, Strand, London: the west entrance hall to the Gallery and the Great West stair

RIBA145237
Chambers, Sir William (1723-1796)
NOTES: Somerset House was designed by Sir William Chambers 1776-1796. The north wing was built in 1776-1780. In 1989 this was converted into a new home for the Courtauld Institute of Art by Green Lloyd Architects, which included the provision of galleries for the Courtauld collection and teaching spaces. See RIBA145233 for a black and white version of this image.

Itakeskus Shopping Centre and Landmark, Helsinki: the Landmark (Eastern Centre) building with a group statue in the the foreground

RIBA145253
Kairamo, Erkki (1936-1994)
NOTES: The Itakeskus Shopping Centre was built in 1984 and occupies the southern side of Tallinanaukio Square and is four stories high. The nearby tower or Itakeskus Landmark is a sixteen storey office block, with a glazed stairtower, was completed in 1987. See RIBA155738 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE