Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Statues

View as Grid List
Sort by

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: two bays of the east balcony of the Great Hall

RIBA130488
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851. See RIBA130475 for a black and white version of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the west facade seen from the south

RIBA130513
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: the north doorway leading to the entrance hall below the concert hall flanked by statue of a merman and mermaid

RIBA130518
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

'The Lanes', Carlisle

RIBA130877
Building Design Partnership

Glasgow School of Art, Renfrew Street, Glasgow: the top-lit first-floor passage with Tudor half-timbered upper wall and ceiling

RIBA134582
Mackintosh, Charles Rennie (1868-1928)
NOTES: See RIBA155113 for a colour version of this image.

Statue of Eros, Piccadilly, London

RIBA135148
Gilbert, Sir Alfred (1854-1934)
NOTES: The statue of Eros, the first London statue cast in aluminium, was designed by Sir Arthur Gilbert and erected in 1893. It stands atop the memorial to the philanthropist Lord Shaftesbury and represents 'Anteros' the Angel of Christian Charity. It has been restored subsequently several times.

Fontana di Nettuno, Piazza Nettuna, Bologna, at night

RIBA136020
Laureti, Tommaso (c. 1530-22-1602)
NOTES: The designer was Tommaso Laureti with sculpture by Giambologna (also known as Giovanni da Bologna and Jean de Boulogne).

Fontana di Nettuno, Piazza Nettuna, Bologna

RIBA136021
Laureti, Tommaso (c. 1530-22-1602)
NOTES: The designer was Tommaso Laureti with sculpture by Giambologna (also known as Giovanni da Bologna and Jean de Boulogne).

Cathedral of San Martino, Lucca: detail of the copy of the statue of San Martino and the Beggar

RIBA136268
Guidetto da Como
NOTES: Construction on the cathedral was begun in 1063. The nave and transepts were rebuilt in the 14th century. The facade with its tiers of arcades was begun in 1204 by Guidetto da Como and the sculpture from 1233. The original of the statue of San Martino and the Beggar is inside the cathedral.

Church of San Michele in Foro, Lucca: the south west corner with the statue of the Madonna and Child

RIBA136418
Civitali, Matteo (1436-1501)
NOTES: The church was founded as early as 795, but the present building was largely constructed in the 11th, 12th, and 13th centuries, although work continued until the 14th century. The facade is a mixture of the 13th century (lower half) and the upper part (third and fourth tiers) are 14th century when there was a proposal to heighten the nave. The tiers of blind arcading which cover the upper part of the facade were also restored in the 19th century. The statue of the Madonna and Child is by Matteo Civitali.
Close
)
CLOSE