NOTES: Built as almshouses for the Ironmongers' Company in 1715, these buildings were saved from demolition in 1913 and converted into the Geffrye Museum. Specializing in the English domestic interior, the museum opened to the public in 1914.
NOTES: This palace was built by Pope Gregory XIII in 1574 as a summer residence. It served as a papal residence and housed the central offices responsible for the civil government of the Papal States until 1870. It has been the official residence and workplace of the Presidents of the Italian Republic since 1946.