SOURCE: Giovanni Battista Piranesi. Vedute di Roma (Rome, [1747?-1788]), pl. 103 NOTES: The statues in the foreground are of Castor and Pollux and their horses. These are Roman copies of Greek originals of the 5th century BC found in the Baths of Constantine and placed here in the late 1580s. They were once known as the Horse-tamers and the square was named Monte Cavallo after them.