Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Squares

View as Grid List
Sort by

Piazza Navona with the church of Sant'Agnese in Agone and the Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi (Fountain of the Four Rivers), Rome

RIBA113092
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The church of Sant'Agnese in Agone was reconstructed by Girolamo and Carlo Rainaldi in 1652, while the Baroque facade was completed in 1657 by Francesco Borromini. The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) and Obelisk was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.

Piazza della Repubblica, Rome: the fountain of the Naiads

RIBA113095
Rutelli, Mario (1859-1941)
NOTES: The fountain was commissioned for this site by Pope Pius IX in 1870. Completed in 1888, it originally showed four lions designed by Alessandro Guerrieri. These were then replaced in 1901 with sculptures of Naiads by Mario Rutelli from Palermo.

Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome, with the equestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius in the foreground

RIBA113106
Michelangelo (1475-1564)
NOTES: The design of the Piazza del Campidoglio which encompasses the Palazzo dei Conservatori and the Capitoline Museum was laid out by Michelangelo from 1536-1546. The original statue of Marcus Aurelius is thought to date from 175 AD, and is in the Capitoline Museum. A replica was placed outside in 1981.

Procuratie Vecchie, Piazza San Marco, Venice

RIBA113329
Bergamasco, Guglielmo dei Grigi (fl. 1515-1530)
NOTES: The building was begun in 1512 and continued after 1517 by Guglielmo dei Grigi Bergamasco and Bartolomeo Bon the Younger. Jacopo Sansovino added a storey in 1532.

Hamilton Square, Birkenhead

RIBA113471
Graham, James Gillespie (1776-1855)
NOTES: Hamilton Square was built from 1825, by 1839 the north side had been completed and the south and west and east sides by 1844.

St Peter's Square, Rome: view of the two colonnades

RIBA113587
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)

Piazza Navona, Rome

RIBA113588
Bernini, Gian Lorenzo (1598-1680)
NOTES: The Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) and obelisk was executed by Bernini between 1648 and 1651.
)
CLOSE