Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Spires

View as Grid List
Sort by

St John the Baptist, Barnack, Northamptonshire: the west tower

RIBA6964
NOTES; The west tower is early 11th century with an octagonal upper storey and short broach spire of c.1200.

St Kyneburgha, Castor, Northamptonshire: detail of the upper storey of the Norman west tower and the Gothic broach spire

RIBA6968
NOTES: This significant cruciform Norman parish church was dedicated in 1124. The broach spire was added to the Norman tower c.1350.

St Mary Magdalene, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire: the steeple

RIBA6976
NOTES: This church was largely rebuilt during the 15th century and is noted for its octagonal spire which was completed in 1350.

St Mary the Virgin, Ketton, Rutland, seen from the seventeenth century stone bridge over the River Chater

RIBA6977
NOTES: The earliest parts of this church date from 1190 but overall it mainly dates from 1240 when the belfry stage of the tower was added. The spire was added in the 14th century.

St Patrick, Patrington, East Riding of Yorkshire

RIBA6986
NOTES: This cruciform church was built mainly between the end of the 13th century and the middle of the 14th in Decorated style. The spire and the east window were added by 1400.

Cobden Hotel, Corporation Street, Birmingham

RIBA7113
Doubleday, William (1846-1938)

Church of St Margaret, Bodelwyddan

RIBA7178
Gibson, John (1817-1892)

Trafalgar Square, London: view from the west with the National Gallery on the left and Nelson's Column in the foreground

RIBA7348
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: Sir Charles Barry was the architect of Trafalgar Square completed in 1845. Nelson's Column was designed by William Railton and completed in 1843.

Cologne Cathedral (Kolner Dom): the west front

RIBA7702
Master Arnold (1271-1308)
NOTES: Construction on the cathedral began in 1248 under the direction of Master Gerhard and was continued by Master Arnold and his son Johann. It was consecrated in 1322 but took, with interruptions, until 1880 to complete. The towers and other substantial parts of the cathedral were added when work resumed in 1842, mostly according to surviving medieval plans and drawings.

Cologne Cathedral (Kolner Dom): detail of the spire

RIBA7704
Master Arnold (1271-1308)
NOTES: Construction on the cathedral began in 1248 under the direction of Master Gerhard and was continued by Master Arnold and his son Johann. It was consecrated in 1322 but took, with interruptions, until 1880 to complete. The towers and other substantial parts of the cathedral were added when work resumed in 1842, mostly according to surviving medieval plans and drawings.

All Souls and Queen's Hall, Langham Place, seen from Regent Street, London

RIBA7817
Nash, John (1752-1835)
SOURCE: Regent Street: a series of 57 views taken August 1910 (London, 1940) NOTES: All Souls was designed in Classical Revival style by John Nash and built in 1822-1824. Severe damage to the roof was sustained following a World War II mine explosion in 1940, necessitating an extensive restoration scheme under the direction of Goodhart-Rendel which was completed in 1951. Queen's Hall, designed by T. E. Knightley and C. J. Phipps, opened in 1893 and was famous for being where the Promenade concerts were founded in 1895. It was destroyed by an incendiary bomb in 1941 during the Blitz.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE