Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Solitude

View as Grid List
Sort by

Town centre, Cumbernauld New Town

RIBA28777
Cumbernauld Development Corporation
NOTES: Created as a population overspill for Glasgow City, Cumbernauld was designated a new town in 1955.

Moat Hall, Parham, Suffolk: the gateway

RIBA49107
NOTES: The house dates from the early 16th century.

Woman crossing a cobbled and paved piazza, Imola, Emilia-Romagna

RIBA50604
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London, Architectural Press, 1963).

Lakeside lido at Lazise on Lake Garda

RIBA50662
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London, Architectural Press, 1963). This appeared in the publication as fig. 459.

Man strolling across a deserted piazza, Tarquinia, Lazio

RIBA50689
NOTES: This image is one of many taken by Ivy de Wolfe, the pseudonym of Hazel de Cronin Hastings, of Italian subjects. Many of these appeared in the book 'The Italian Townscape' by Ivor de Wolfe (London, Architectural Press, 1963). This appeared in the publication as fig. 279.

Passing under the viaduct at Oxley on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal

RIBA50775
Brindley, James (1716-1772)
NOTES: Engineered by James Brindley, the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal was opened from Stourport to Great Haywood in 1772 and follows the land contours through the valleys of the rivers Stour, Smestow, Penk and Sow. Built in the 1850s, the viaduct carried the former Geat Western Railway Birmingham to Shrewsbury line.

The Oxford Canal nearing Oxford

RIBA50790
Brindley, James (1716-1772)
NOTES: The Oxford Canal begins at Hawkesbury Junction where it meets the Coventry Canal and ends in central Oxford. Engineered by James Brindley and completed after his death by his assistant, Samuel Simmock, work on the canal began in the Coventry basin in 1769 and was completed at the Oxford end in 1790.
)
CLOSE