NOTES: This Livery hall for the Salters' Company was designed in 1968 by Sir Basil Spence, but built in 1972-1976 by his successor practice, John S. Bonnington Partnership. It replaced the previous hall in Oxford Place, which was destroyed by fire in an air raid in 1941.
NOTES: Built as the headquarters for the British Medical Association, this building served as the High Commission of Southern Rhodesia from 1923 until the Rhodesian Unilateral Declaration of Independence on November 11, 1965. It remained a representative office until the colony gained independence as Zimbabwe in 1980 and has since been known as Zimbabwe House. The 'Ages of Man' sculptures by Jacob Epstein, the sculptor's first major commission in England, were carved in situ. The mutilation of the statues occurred in the 1930s when possibly dangerous projecting features were hacked-off after pieces fell from one of the statues.