NOTES: The house was built originally by Baldwin (begun 1786) for Thomas Johnes (1748-1816). A library and conservatory were added by John Nash 1793-1794. A disastrous fire in 1807 destroyed all of NashÔÇÖs work, but the house was rebuilt by Baldwin (1807-1810) retaining NashÔÇÖs library. A large extension was added by Anthony Salvin in 1846-1851 and the house was altered again from 1872. The estate declined in the early 20th century and the house was abandoned in 1942. It was demolished in 1956.