NOTES: Erected in 1926-1928 under the supervision of Sydney Perks, then Surveyor to the City of London, these buildings were extensions to the west of the original 19th century wholesale, fruit and flower market between Crispin and Steward Streets. The market was relocated to a new site in Leyton in 1991. These buildings were controversially demolished to make way for Bishop's Square, the mixed-use development which includes the headquarters of Allen & Overy designed by Foster & Partners and built in 2003-2005.
NOTES: This manor house was saved from complete dereliction when it was purchased by the Telford Development Corporation in 1964 and urgent repairs were subsequently undertaken. It was sold again in 1984 and transformed into a luxury hotel.