Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Slate

View as Grid List
Sort by

Westminster Theatre Arts Centre, Palace Street, Buckingham Palace Road, London: side elevation

RIBA56923
John & Sylvia Reid
NOTES: The Westminster Theatre, formerly the St James's Picture Theatre, was established on this site in 1931. The building, originally the eighteenth century Charlotte Chapel, was converted into an arts centre in 1966 to designs by John & Sylvia Reid. A two-storey office extension by the same architects was added above the theatre in 1973. The complex was destroyed by fire in 2002.

Westminster Theatre Arts Centre, Palace Street, Buckingham Palace Road, London: corner detail showing the Welsh slate cladding

RIBA56924
John & Sylvia Reid
NOTES: The Westminster Theatre, formerly the St James's Picture Theatre, was established on this site in 1931. The building, originally the eighteenth century Charlotte Chapel, was converted into an arts centre in 1966 to designs by John & Sylvia Reid. A two-storey office extension by the same architects was added above the theatre in 1973. The complex was destroyed by fire in 2002.

Westminster Theatre Arts Centre, Palace Street, Buckingham Palace Road, London: the theatre neon signage on the side elevation

RIBA56925
John & Sylvia Reid
NOTES: The Westminster Theatre, formerly the St James's Picture Theatre, was established on this site in 1931. The building, originally the eighteenth century Charlotte Chapel, was converted into an arts centre in 1966 to designs by John & Sylvia Reid. A two-storey office extension by the same architects was added above the theatre in 1973. The complex was destroyed by fire in 2002.

Memorial University of Newfoundland campus, Old Harlow, Essex: the Maltings hall of residence

RIBA57548
Frederick Gibberd & Partners
NOTES: This, the main building of the Maltings, was converted to provide accommodation for 34 students.

Institute of Virology, Church Street, Glasgow

RIBA61555
Basil Spence & Partners

Institute of Virology, Church Street, Glasgow

RIBA61559
Basil Spence & Partners

Cathedral Church of St Michael, Coventry: fenestration detail of the Chapel of Christ the Servant

RIBA61877
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: The chapter house is located on the lower floor of this chapel.

Cathedral Church of St Michael, Coventry: section of the star-shaped facade of the Chapel of Unity

RIBA61886
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: The chapel is illuminated by daylight entering through the strips of stained glass by Margaret Traherne on either side of the structural mullions.

Designs for alterations and additions to the Theatre Royal, St Leonard's Place, York: terrazzo and slate details of the ground floor (area A)

RIBA94306
Gwynne, Patrick (1913-2003)
NOTES: Area A was the new wing comprising a new entrance foyer, restaurant and bars, a new staircase and toilet facilities.
)
CLOSE