Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Slate

View as Grid List
Sort by

Roundhouse for the London and Birmingham Railway in Camden, London: the engine shed seen from Chalk Farm station

RIBA28448
Dockray, Robert Benson (1811-1871)
NOTES: The Roundhouse, devised by Robert Stephenson and designed by R. B. Dockray, was built in 1847 to turn steam engines around for the London and Birmingham Railway. As steam engines became too large for the building it then became a warehouse for Gilbey's gin from c. 1860 until 1960 when it was converted into a performing arts venue.

The Nunnery, Dunster, Somerset: close-up of the doorway and overhang

RIBA28991
NOTES: The house dates partly from the 14th century.

Mortensrud Church, Oslo: elevated view of the altar

RIBA34688
Jensen & Skodvin Arkitektkontor

Tithe barn, Great Coxwell, Oxfordshire

RIBA42166
NOTES: This barn, the sole surviving building of a 13th century grange, was built of Cotswold rubble-stone walling, with a Cotswold slate roof. Forming part of the Coleshill Estate, it was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1956 by Ernest Cook, the grandson and joint heir to the fortune of Thomas Cook, the famous travel agent, and founder of the Ernest Cook Trust, which is dedicated to the preservation of English country houses and their estates.

Westminster Theatre Arts Centre, Palace Street, Buckingham Palace Road, London

RIBA42783
John & Sylvia Reid
NOTES: The Westminster Theatre, formerly the St James's Picture Theatre, was established on this site in 1931. The building, originally the eighteenth century Charlotte Chapel, was converted into an arts centre in 1966 to designs by John & Sylvia Reid. A two-storey office extension by the same architects was added above the theatre in 1973. The complex was destroyed by fire in 2002.

Cathedral Church of St Michael, Coventry: close-up of the concrete buttresses faced with grey-greenish Westmorland slate of the Chapel of Unity

RIBA48608
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: The chapel is illuminated by daylight entering through the strips of stained glass by Margaret Traherne on either side of the structural mullions.

Cathedral Church of St Michael, Coventry: looking up to the roof of the Chapel of Unity

RIBA48617
Spence, Sir Basil (1907-1976)
NOTES: The chapel is illuminated by daylight entering through the strips of stained glass by Margaret Traherne on either side of the structural mullions.

Martin's Bank Limited, Canterbury: the entrance

RIBA56199
Michell, Gordon (1923-2009)

Westminster Theatre Arts Centre, Palace Street, Buckingham Palace Road, London

RIBA56922
John & Sylvia Reid
NOTES: The Westminster Theatre, formerly the St James's Picture Theatre, was established on this site in 1931. The building, originally the eighteenth century Charlotte Chapel, was converted into an arts centre in 1966 to designs by John & Sylvia Reid. A two-storey office extension by the same architects was added above the theatre in 1973. The complex was destroyed by fire in 2002.
Close
)
CLOSE