NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.
NOTES: The building was designed by Shaw & Lloyd. Goldfinger and Perriand were responsible for the design of the arcade on the ground floor of 177-179 Piccadilly (including the plate glass frontage and 4 feet behind), for the French Government Tourist Office, Societe National des Chemins de Fer (SNCF) and U.A.T. (French Airlines). They also designed the centre showroom of the French Government Tourist Office, at No.178 Piccadilly, and the shopfront sign "France".