NOTES: The Royal Victoria Arch was a wooden structure designed by harbour engineer James Leslie and erected in Dundee to commemorate a visit to the city by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1844. It was later replaced by a permanent stone arch designed by John Thomas Rochead and built between 1849 and 1853.
NOTES: The Victory was designed by Sir Thomas Slade, the Senior Surveyor of the Navy. She was the flagship of the Second Sea Lord and is best known for her role in the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 under the command of Admiral Nelson. She was moved from moorings in Portsmouth Harbour to Number 2 dry dock at Portsmouth Royal Naval Dockyard in 1922 when work began restoring her to her 'fighting' condition of 1805.