NOTES: This head office building was commissioned by the Proprietors of Hay's Wharf, pioneers of cold storage, who controlled almost all the wharves on the South Bank between Tower Bridge and London Bridge from 1710-1969. The wharves closed in 1969 and the wharf buildings were eventually converted into a multi-purpose complex called the Hay's Galleria which opened in 1987. Goodhart-Rendel's building became the Consulting and Administration rooms for the London Bridge Hospital which opened in 1986.
NOTES: Riddarholmskyrkan is a 13th century brick Gothic Franciscan church to which a tower was added by Willem Boy in 1569-1590. After a fire, it underwent restoration by Axel Nystrom, the city architect, in 1838-1846, which included a replacement Gothic spire in cast-iron constructed by Erik Gustaf Gothe. This spire was replaced by a non-rust replica in 1970.