Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Shadows

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary Magdalene, Ickleton, Cambridgeshire: detail of nave pillar with cushion capital

RIBA137549
NOTES: The church is a mixture of periods, 12th, 13th and 14th centuries. The interior is largely Norman with reused Roman columns in the nave. The nave was heightened in the 14th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1882-1883. The church also has a distinctive lead broach spire.

St Mary Magdalene, Ickleton, Cambridgeshire: detail of nave pillar with cushion capital

RIBA137568
NOTES: The church is a mixture of periods, 12th, 13th and 14th centuries. The interior is largely Norman with reused Roman columns in the nave. The nave was heightened in the 14th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1882-1883. The church also has a distinctive lead broach spire.

St Mary Magdalene, Ickleton, Cambridgeshire: the churchyard

RIBA137569
NOTES: The church is a mixture of periods, 12th, 13th and 14th centuries. The interior is largely Norman with reused Roman columns in the nave. The nave was heightened in the 14th century. The chancel was rebuilt in 1882-1883. The church also has a distinctive lead broach spire.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: view across the nave from the side aisle

RIBA138403
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300. They are the north chapel, chancel, east end and east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary, Mildenhall, Suffolk: detail of a window in the aisle

RIBA138413
Farrow, Thomas
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from c. 1240-1300. They are the north chapel, chancel, east end and east window (c. 1300). The rest of the church was built 1441-1478, including the tower, which was restored in 1864. A general restoration was carried out in 1849, including the interior and re-roofing of the chancel by Thomas Farrow. In 1875-1876 the south porch was rebuilt as part of the restoration of the south aisle, possibly by J. D. Wyatt.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: reflection of a stained glass window

RIBA138501
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.

Robin Hood Gardens, Tower Hamlets, London; detail of facade with sunlight

RIBA138686
Alison & Peter Smithson
NOTES: This council housing estate in east London covers about five acres and consists of two long blocks, one of ten storeys, the other of seven, built from precast concrete slabs.
)
CLOSE