Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Shadows

View as Grid List
Sort by

High Level Bridge, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

RIBA113499
Stephenson, Robert (1803-1859)

High Level Bridge, Newcastle-upon-Tyne

RIBA113500
Stephenson, Robert (1803-1859)

Norwich Cathedral: detail of the spiral grooves in one of the Romanesque nave piers by the central crossing

RIBA113864
NOTES: Construction on the cathedral began in 1096 in the Romanesque style, and the body of the church was completed by c. 1145. But later additions were in the Gothic style. The nave and chancel with its ribbed stone vault was added from c. 1472-1499 under Bishop Goldwell (replacing an original timber roof). The clerestory was added at the same time and the spire was completed in 1485.

Norwich Cathedral: detail of one of the Romanesque nave piers with a carved Gothic niche

RIBA113869
NOTES: Construction on the cathedral began in 1096 in the Romanesque style, and the body of the church was completed by c. 1145. But later additions were in the Gothic style. The nave and chancel with its ribbed stone vault was added from c. 1472-1499 under Bishop Goldwell (replacing an original timber roof). The clerestory was added at the same time and the spire was completed in 1485.

Villa Saraceno, Finale di Agugliaro, Vicenza: the barchessa with cat

RIBA113939
Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)
NOTES: The Villa Saraceno is one of the earliest and simplest of Palladio's villas (1549-1555). As published in 'I Quattro Libri', only the villa house was built according to Palladio's design, and the symmetrical 'barchesse' shown in his scheme were never fully executed. The colonnaded 'barchessa' on the right (east) of the villa house was added in the mid-17th century and links to the other existing farm buildings on the site. After becoming derelict in the mid-twentieth century, it was bought by the Landmark Trust and restored in 1990-1994.

Heisei Chishinkan Wing, Kyoto National Museum, Kyoto: the lobby from the first-floor mezzanine

RIBA114586
Taniguchi, Yoshio (1937-)
NOTES: The original museum called the Meiji Kotokan was built in 1895 in a French Renaissance style by the architect Katayama Tokuma. A new collections hall was added in 1966 by the architect Keiichi Morita. The new wing by Taniguchi & Associates shown here, was added in 2014.

Murcia Town Hall, Murcia: shadows on the exterior wall

RIBA114705
Moneo Valles, Rafael (1937-)

Offices for Beechams, London

RIBA120642
Tandy Halford & Mills
NOTES: This is a refurbishment and conversion of one floor of an office building, located on the fringes of London and built some forty years previously (circa 1927).

Gamage's Store, Oxford Street, London: the pneumatic tubes in the basement

RIBA120967
Messrs Joseph
NOTES: The pneumatic tubes which contained the bills spread through the store for 25 miles. Through them the bills flew at 30 miles per hour, were changed, and sent along a belt to the girl in the picture, whose sole duty it was to place them in one of the tubes, where they were sucked back again at the same speed to the departments from which they came.

Martin's Bank, Canterbury: the banking hall

RIBA123337
Mitchell & Partners
Close
)
CLOSE