Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Seating

View as Grid List
Sort by

Opera House, Glyndebourne, Sussex: detail of seating and acoustic panels in the upper circle

RIBA156099
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The original house at Glyndebourne was part of Glynde Place and dates back to the 15th century, but has been substantially altered over the subsequent centuries. In 1870 the house was enlarged and encased in red brick by the then owner William Langham Christie. In 1934 John Christie built the first opera house in the garden, consequently making the site world famous for the quality of the performances staged there. In 1994 Michael Hopkins was commissioned to design a new opera house. See RIBA149393 for a black and white version of this image.

Voysey Exhiibtion, Design Museum, London: detail of chair by Voysey

RIBA156427
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: See RIBA149223 for a black and white version of this image.

Voysey Exhiibtion, Design Museum, London: detail of chair by Voysey

RIBA156428
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: See RIBA149224 for a black and white version of this image.

Chair, designed by Voysey

RIBA156444
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: These items are from the collection of Lady Joan Slack (1925-2015), a prominent geneticist, who inherited through her family a number of artifacts from the Voysey family, which she subsequently catalogued. She lived at Bridgwater, Somerset, where these images were taken. See RIBA149694 for a black and white version of this image.

Warrens House, Bramshaw: looking towards the common room fireplace with its high-backed curved bench seats

RIBA157039
Nash, John (1752-1835)
NOTES: Warrens House was originally a villa of 1792-1801 by John Nash, but was extended in a a similar style in 1804 by another (unknown) architect. In 1897 the owner George Briscoe Eyre brought in Philip Webb to extend the house and remodel the interior.This was carried out between 1897-1898. Most of Webb's work was demolished in 1979, but his common room, seen here, which he created in the link building between the two villas survives. In 1997 it served as the dining room. See RIBA151470 for a black and white version of this image.

Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank, Hong Kong: a waiting area

RIBA157337
Foster Associates
NOTES: See RIBA130319 for a black and white version of this image.

Mound Stand, Lord's Cricket Ground, London: the canopy and seating

RIBA157370
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA132007 for a black and white version of this image.

Sainsbury Wing, National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London: the basement lecture theatre

RIBA157397
Venturi Scott Brown & Associates
NOTES: See RIBA147047 for a black and white version of this image.

Courts of Justice, Truro: waiting area outside the general office on the first floor

RIBA158045
Evans & Shalev
NOTES: See RIBA134203 for a black and white version of this image.

Courts of Justice, Truro: the waiting area beneath the small rotunda

RIBA158046
Evans & Shalev
NOTES: See RIBA134206 for a black and white version of this image.

Courts of Justice, Truro: detail of seating and brickwork in waiting areas

RIBA158051
Evans & Shalev
NOTES: See RIBA134214 for a black and white version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Chapel of Hope

RIBA158076
Lewerentz, Sigurd (1885-1975)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of Hope is by Asplund (1940). See RIBA132305 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE