Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Seating

View as Grid List
Sort by

Courts of Justice, Truro: the waiting area beneath the small rotunda

RIBA158046
Evans & Shalev
NOTES: See RIBA134206 for a black and white version of this image.

Courts of Justice, Truro: detail of seating and brickwork in waiting areas

RIBA158051
Evans & Shalev
NOTES: See RIBA134214 for a black and white version of this image.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Chapel of Hope

RIBA158076
Lewerentz, Sigurd (1885-1975)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of Hope is by Asplund (1940). See RIBA132305 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre Bar, Polytechnic of North London, Holloway Road, London: the wooden benches with overhead lighting

RIBA158645
Beigel, Florian (1941-2018)
NOTES: This was a bar created for the polytecnic's theatre. It was orginally a music hall and occupies two buildings a brick and concrete frame, 1960s foyer and an adjoining Victorian hall. The Polytechnic of North London is now the London Metropolitan University and Florian Beigel was the founder of the Architecture Research Unit there. See RIBA145416 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre del Te, Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua; the auditorium of the lecture theatre

RIBA158734
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion of the stable block of the Palazzo del Te (1535 by Giulio Romano) by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri into a lecture theatre. Earlier, in 1984, the same architect had created an exhibitiion gallery in the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo. The design of the lecture theatre was largely shaped by the desire to preserve and reveal what existed, in this case, the original brick and pebble floor. Hence the banked seating and stairs have been suspended from the walls above. See RIBA130425 for a black and white version of this image.

Theatre del Te, Palazzo del Te, Isola del Te, Mantua: the suspended bank of seating in the auditorium seen from the dais

RIBA158735
Poltronieri, Adolfo
NOTES: This was a conversion of the stable block of the Palazzo del Te (1535 by Giulio Romano) by the architect Adolfo Poltronieri into a lecture theatre. Earlier, in 1984, the same architect had created an exhibitiion gallery in the attic above the vaulted ceilings of the main rooms of the Palazzo. The design of the lecture theatre was largely shaped by the desire to preserve and reveal what existed, in this case, the original brick and pebble floor. Hence the banked seating and stairs have been suspended from the walls above. See RIBA130426 for a black and white version of this image.

Building Design Partnership offices, Sunlight House, Manchester: a meeting room

RIBA158786
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA131705 for a black and white version of this image.

Reform Club, Pall Mall, London: the end bay of the drawing room

RIBA158803
Barry, Sir Charles (1795-1860)
NOTES: See RIBA119413 for a black and white version of this image.

British Library, St Pancras, 96 Euston Road, London: the humanities reading room, showing the furniture and lighting designed by the architects

RIBA158860
Colin St John Wilson & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA150936 for a black and white version of this image.

British Library, St Pancras, 96 Euston Road, London: the curved seating in the entrance courtyard

RIBA158892
Colin St John Wilson & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA150979 for a black and white negative and RIBA150985 for a colour negative version of this image.

Goddards, Abinger Common, Surrey: detail of the skittle alley with seating on the right

RIBA159023
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Goddards was built (1898-1900) by Sir Edwin Lutyens for Sir Frederick Merrielees as a holiday rest home for 'ladies of small means' on a plot near Pasture Wood (later Beatrice Webb House) where the Merrielees family lived. In 1910 Merrielees commissioned Lutyens to extend Goddards converting it into a single dwelling for his son and his wife. The design of the garden was a joint collaboration with Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll. See RIBA149424 for a black and white version of this image.

Goddards, Abinger Common, Surrey: detail of the seating in the skittle alley

RIBA159024
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Goddards was built (1898-1900) by Sir Edwin Lutyens for Sir Frederick Merrielees as a holiday rest home for 'ladies of small means' on a plot near Pasture Wood (later Beatrice Webb House) where the Merrielees family lived. In 1910 Merrielees commissioned Lutyens to extend Goddards converting it into a single dwelling for his son and his wife. The design of the garden was a joint collaboration with Lutyens and Gertrude Jekyll. See RIBA149425 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE