Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Seating

View as Grid List
Sort by

Central Electricity Generating Board offices, Sudbury House, 15 Newgate Street, City of London: the auditorium seating

RIBA131924
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES: Sudbury House was a 1960s office block, built as part of the Paternoster Square development around St Paul's Cathedral after the second world war. In 1982 the CEGB commissioned architects Austin-Smith-Lord to carry out a refurbishment of the interior and a rolling programme was put in place, which was completed in 1987. This image was taken at the completion of the work. See RIBA131931 for a colour version of this image.

Central Electricity Generating Board offices, Sudbury House, 15 Newgate Street, City of London: detail of the seating in the auditorium

RIBA131925
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES: Sudbury House was a 1960s office block, built as part of the Paternoster Square development around St Paul's Cathedral after the second world war. In 1982 the CEGB commissioned architects Austin-Smith-Lord to carry out a refurbishment of the interior and a rolling programme was put in place, which was completed in 1987. This image was taken at the completion of the work. See RIBA131932 for a colour version of this image.

Central Electricity Generating Board offices, Sudbury House, 15 Newgate Street, City of London: the auditorium seating

RIBA131931
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES: Sudbury House was a 1960s office block, built as part of the Paternoster Square development around St Paul's Cathedral after the second world war. In 1982 the CEGB commissioned architects Austin-Smith-Lord to carry out a refurbishment of the interior and a rolling programme was put in place, which was completed in 1987. This image was taken at the completion of the work. See RIBA131924 for a black and white version of this image.

Central Electricity Generating Board offices, Sudbury House, 15 Newgate Street, City of London: detail of the seating in the auditorium

RIBA131932
Austin-Smith Lord
NOTES: Sudbury House was a 1960s office block, built as part of the Paternoster Square development around St Paul's Cathedral after the second world war. In 1982 the CEGB commissioned architects Austin-Smith-Lord to carry out a refurbishment of the interior and a rolling programme was put in place, which was completed in 1987. This image was taken at the completion of the work. See RIBA131925 for a black and white version of this image.

Entrance building, HMP (Her Majesty's Prison) Durham: a waiting room

RIBA131940
Howell Killick Partridge & Amis
NOTES: Howell Killick Partridge & Amis were commissioned to design a new entrance block to HMP Durham in 1980, which was completed in 1986. See RIBA131949 for a colour version of this image.

Entrance building, HMP (Her Majesty's Prison) Durham: a waiting room

RIBA131949
Howell Killick Partridge & Amis
NOTES: Howell Killick Partridge & Amis were commissioned to design a new entrance block to HMP Durham in 1980, which was completed in 1986. See RIBA131940 for a black and white version of this image.

Mound Stand, Lord's Cricket Ground, London: the canopy and seating

RIBA132007
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: See RIBA157370 for a colour version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: detail of chair in the courtroom

RIBA132255
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937.

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Chapel of Hope

RIBA132305
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of Hope is by Asplund (1940).

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: detail of bench in the waiting room of the Chapel of Faith

RIBA132306
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of Faith is by Asplund (1940).

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: Chapel of Hope waiting room

RIBA132307
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Chapel of Hope is by Asplund (1940)

Woodland Cemetery, Stockholm: the Woodland Chapel

RIBA132316
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: Asplund and Lewerentz won the competition for the new cemetery in 1915 and spent the next 25 years developing the cemetery in a landscape of wooded pines populated by small chapels. The Woodland Chapel is by Asplund (1918-1922). See RIBA155192 for a colour version of this image.
)
CLOSE