Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Screens

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Augustine's Church, Kilburn, London: the nave looking towards the screen

RIBA149164
Pearson, John Loughborough (1817-1897)
NOTES: The stone screen was added in 1890. See RIBA149162 for a black and white version of this image.

St Augustine's Church, Kilburn, London: detail of carved stone screen

RIBA149165
Pearson, John Loughborough (1817-1897)
NOTES: The stone screen was added in 1890. See RIBA149163 for a black and white version of this image.

Opera House, Glyndebourne, Sussex: detail of seating with dividing screens

RIBA149348
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The original house at Glyndebourne was part of Glynde Place and dates back to the 15th century, but has been substantially altered over the subsequent centuries. In 1870 the house was enlarged and encased in red brick by the then owner William Langham Christie. In 1934 John Christie built the first opera house in the garden, consequently making the site world famous for the quality of the performances staged there. In 1994 Michael Hopkins was commissioned to design a new opera house. See RIBA156067 for a colour version of this image.

Opera House, Glyndebourne, Sussex: detail of seating with dividiing screens

RIBA149349
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The original house at Glyndebourne was part of Glynde Place and dates back to the 15th century, but has been substantially altered over the subsequent centuries. In 1870 the house was enlarged and encased in red brick by the then owner William Langham Christie. In 1934 John Christie built the first opera house in the garden, consequently making the site world famous for the quality of the performances staged there. In 1994 Michael Hopkins was commissioned to design a new opera house. See RIBA156068 for a colour version of this image.

St Mary the Virgin, Great Warley, Essex: the nave

RIBA155027
Reynolds-Stephens, Sir William (1862-1943)
NOTES: This church, built for Evelyn Heseltine, was designed by Charles Harrison Townsend while William Reynolds-Stephens was responsible for the Art Nouveau interiors in the English Arts and Crafts manner. See RIBA133827 for a black and white version of this image

Burton Agnes Hall, Yorkshire: detail of screen in the Great Hall

RIBA155968
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
NOTES: See RIBA148142 for a black and white version of this image.

Burton Agnes Hall, Yorkshire: detail of the wooden capitals of the screen in the Great Hall

RIBA155969
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
NOTES: See RIBA148143 for a black and white version of this image.

Burton Agnes Hall, Yorkshire: detail of the screen in the Great Hall

RIBA155970
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
NOTES: See RIBA148144 for a black and white version of this image.

Opera House, Glyndebourne, Sussex: detail of seating with dividing screens

RIBA156067
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The original house at Glyndebourne was part of Glynde Place and dates back to the 15th century, but has been substantially altered over the subsequent centuries. In 1870 the house was enlarged and encased in red brick by the then owner William Langham Christie. In 1934 John Christie built the first opera house in the garden, consequently making the site world famous for the quality of the performances staged there. In 1994 Michael Hopkins was commissioned to design a new opera house. See RIBA149348 for a black and white version of this image.

Opera House, Glyndebourne, Sussex: detail of seating with dividiing screens

RIBA156068
Michael Hopkins & Partners
NOTES: The original house at Glyndebourne was part of Glynde Place and dates back to the 15th century, but has been substantially altered over the subsequent centuries. In 1870 the house was enlarged and encased in red brick by the then owner William Langham Christie. In 1934 John Christie built the first opera house in the garden, consequently making the site world famous for the quality of the performances staged there. In 1994 Michael Hopkins was commissioned to design a new opera house. See RIBA149349 for a black and white version of this image.

Peckover House, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire: detail of a rare painted snob screen

RIBA157110
NOTES: See RIBA149067 for a colour version of this image.

Peckover House, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire: tapestry from the cheval firescreen

RIBA157130
NOTES: The tapestry was embroidered in c. 1750 by Jane Jessup who later married the owner or Peckover House. The building depicted is possibly old Wisbech Castle. See RIBA149090 for a black and white version of this image.
Categories
Close
)
CLOSE