Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Screens

View as Grid List
Sort by

Westminster Hall, Palace of Westminster, London: the court of king's bench

RIBA10317
Kent, William (1685?-1748)
SOURCE: John Vardy. Some designs of Mr. Inigo Jones and Mr. Wm. Kent (London, 1744), pl. 48

Glanaray and Inveraray parish church, Inveraray: the pulpit and altar

RIBA11929
MacLaren, Charles & Edward
NOTES: The church was designed by Robert Mylne and completed in 1802. The furnishings were installed in 1898 and designed by Charles & Edward MacLaren.

Design for a screen for Worksop Manor

RIBA12946
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)
NOTES: Worksop Manor was built for George Talbot, 6th Earl of Shrewsbury.

St Cyprian's, Clarence Gate, London: the screen and chancel

RIBA13549
Comper, Sir John Ninian (1864-1960)

Cathedral of Notre Dame, Amiens: the choir screen

RIBA13796
Viollet-le-Duc, Eugene Emmanuel (1814-1879)
NOTES: The original cathedral, built in Romanesque style in 1152, was destroyed by fire caused by lightning in 1218. Reconstruction began in 1220 and the nave was completed in 1245. The rebuilding of the choir began c.1238 and was completed before 1269, and by 1288 only the tops of the towers remained incomplete. The south tower was completed in 1366 while the north tower was completed in 1402. It was restored by Viollet-le-Duc in the 1850s.

Cathedral of Notre Dame, Amiens: the reliefs in the south transept

RIBA13797
NOTES: The original cathedral, built in Romanesque style in 1152, was destroyed by fire caused by lightning in 1218. Reconstruction began in 1220 and the nave was completed in 1245. The rebuilding of the choir began c.1238 and was completed before 1269, and by 1288 only the tops of the towers remained incomplete. The south tower was completed in 1366 while the north tower was completed in 1402. It was restored by Viollet-le-Duc in the 1850s.

Burton Agnes Hall: the screen in the Great Hall

RIBA14734
Smythson, Robert (c. 1535-1614)

Harlaxton Manor, Lincolnshire: the Great Hall

RIBA14919
Burn, William (1789-1870)
NOTES: The Jesuits occupied the house twice between 1948 and 1966. During these periods the Great Hall was used as a chapel.
Categories
)
CLOSE