Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Scientists

View as Grid List
Sort by

Port of London Authority Building, Trinity Square, Tower Hill, City of London: sculpture plaque of the physicist Issac Newton

RIBA28598
Cooper, Sir Edwin (1873-1942)
NOTES: This is one of ten carved wooden medallions of ten famous men associated with London adorning the 'Smoke room' on the second floor.

Port of London Authority Building, Trinity Square, Tower Hill, City of London: sculpture plaque of the physician William Harvey

RIBA28600
Cooper, Sir Edwin (1873-1942)
NOTES: This is one of ten carved wooden medallions of famous men associated with London adorning the 'Smoke room' on the second floor.

Oxford University Museum, Parks Road, Oxford: detail of an ornate pier decoration and statue of Galileo Galilei

RIBA42552
Deane & Woodward
NOTES: This statue in Caen stone was executed by the Pre-Raphaelite sculptor, Alexander Munro. The carvings of the stonemasonry were the work of the Irish brothers, John and James O'Shea, and their nephew John Whelan.

Oxford University Museum, Parks Road, Oxford: detail of an ornate pier decoration and statue of the chemist Joseph Priestley

RIBA42553
Deane & Woodward
NOTES: The carvings of the stonemasonry were the work of the Irish brothers, John and James O'Shea, and their nephew John Whelan. The statue in Caen stone was executed by the Pre-Raphaelite sculptor, John Tupper.

Oxford University Museum, Parks Road, Oxford: statue of the Swedish botanist Carl von Linnaeus

RIBA42554
Deane & Woodward
NOTES: This statue in Caen stone was executed by the Pre-Raphaelite sculptor, John Tupper. The carvings of the stonemasonry were the work of the Irish brothers, John and James O'Shea, and their nephew John Whelan.

Oxford University Museum, Parks Road, Oxford: statue of the Greek physician Hippocrates seen through the hind quarters of a dinosaur skeleton

RIBA42556
Deane & Woodward
NOTES: This statue in Caen stone was executed by the Pre-Raphaelite sculptor, Alexander Munro.

National Institute of Medical Research, Mill Hill, London: scientists at work in one of the many laboratories

RIBA44712
Maxwell Ayrton & Partners
NOTES: Work on these headquarters began in 1938. The carcass of the main building was completed in 1942, when it was lent to the Admiralty during World War II for occupation by the WRNS (Women's Royal Naval Service). Work recommenced in 1946 and the building was completed in 1950.

Pilkington Perkin-Elmer factory, St Asaph, Clwyd: the prototype shop for the optical and electro-optical systems

RIBA62515
Ormrod & Partners
NOTES: This is one of the images taken for 'Manplan 3: Town Workshop' in Architectural Review, vol. 146, 1969 Nov.

Letter by John Percy to Decimus Burton accepting his invitation to dine, dated 17 July [?] 1865

RIBA97737
Burton, Decimus (1800-1881)
NOTES: This letter on House of Commons stationery is from Professor John Percy, metallurgist, who in 1865 was superintendent of ventilation for the Houses of Parliament.
)
CLOSE