Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Schools

View as Grid List
Sort by

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of the frieze in the Great Chamber

RIBA148250
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158758 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of the frieze in the Great Chamber

RIBA148251
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158759 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of chimneypiece in the Great Chamber

RIBA148252
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158760 for a colour version of this image.

St Paul's Cathedral and City of London School for Boys, seen from the south bank of the River Thames

RIBA148690
Wren, Sir Christopher (1632-1723)
NOTES: The City of London School for Boys was built 1983-1986.

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148692
Nicholas Hare Architects

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148693
Nicholas Hare Architects

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148694
Nicholas Hare Architects

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148695
Nicholas Hare Architects

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148696
Nicholas Hare Architects

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148697
Nicholas Hare Architects

Benenden School, Benenden: the new boarding house

RIBA148698
Nicholas Hare Architects
Close
)
CLOSE