Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Schools

View as Grid List
Sort by

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London: the dining hall and gallery

RIBA158285
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145952 for a black and white version of this image

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London: the dining hall and gallery

RIBA158286
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145954 for a black and white version of this image.

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London: looking across the gallery

RIBA158287
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145955 for a black and white version of this image

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London

RIBA158288
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145956 for a black and white version of this image.

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London

RIBA158289
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145957 for a black and white version of this image.

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London: the dining hall and gallery

RIBA158290
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145958 for a black and white version of this image.

Sir George Monoux College, Chingford Road, Walthamstow, London

RIBA158291
van Heyningen & Haward Architects
NOTES: School built 1927 by Essex County Council, with a later extension seen here by van Heyningen & Haward Architects. See RIBA145960 for a black and white version of this image

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the stained glass window in the Great Chamber

RIBA158745
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148235 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the chmneypiece in the Great Chamber

RIBA158746
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148236 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: detail of chimneypiece in the Great Chamber

RIBA158747
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148237 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: piece of decorative plasterwork, probably from a cornice

RIBA158748
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148238 for a black and white version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the plaster ceiling with carved wooden pendants

RIBA158749
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA148239 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE