Milton Keynes Development Corporation. Architects Department
NOTES: Milton Keynes, which incorporated the existing towns of Bletchley, Wolverton and Stony Stratford along with another fifteen villages and farmland in between, was designated a new town in 1967 and planning control was thus taken from elected local authorities and delegated to the Milton Keynes Development Corporation (MKDC).
NOTES: The Civic Centre in Southampton, built between 1929 and 1939, is a complex of buildings comprising municipal offices, law courts, guildhall and an art gallery, all by the architect Berry Webber.
NOTES: This monumental arch was controversially demolished in 1962 to make way for a new modern complex, designed by R. L. Moorcroft, Midland regional architect of British Railways, and completed in 1968.