Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Scaffolding

View as Grid List
Sort by

Prince of Wales Museum, Bombay, under construction

RIBA106890
Wittet, George (1880-1926)
NOTES: Construction began in 1908. The building was approaching completion in 1914, at the outbreak of the first world war, when it was decided to convert it temporarily to a hospital for wounded soldiers to be named the Lady Hardinge War Hospital. It finally opened as a museum in 1922.

Prince of Wales Museum, Bombay: the central section and dome under construction

RIBA106891
Wittet, George (1880-1926)
NOTES: Construction began in 1908. The building was approaching completion in 1914, at the outbreak of the first world war, when it was decided to convert it temporarily to a hospital for wounded soldiers to be named the Lady Hardinge War Hospital. It finally opened as a museum in 1922.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire, the west side and north gable during restoration

RIBA110995
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles. See RIBA115010 for a black and white version of this image.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: the re-raftered barn

RIBA115004
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles. See RIBA115993 for a colour version of this image.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire, under restoration

RIBA115005
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: restoration of the roof timbers

RIBA115006
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walll and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles. See RIBA115994 for a colour version of this image.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: the south gable and south-east porch during restoration

RIBA115007
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: detail of the roof restoration

RIBA115008
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: the roof under restoration

RIBA115009
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles.

Bredon Barn, Bredon, Worcestershire: the north gable and west side under restoration

RIBA115010
Charles, Frederick. W. B. (1912-2002)
NOTES: The barn at Bredon is an aisled structure of nine bays, with Cotswold stone walls and a stone slate roof. It is 134 feet long and has an equal width and height of 44 feet, and a loft approached by an external stair. It was distinguished from other great medieval barns in that it was inhabited by the Reeve (the estate overseer) and his family, so contained a fireplace, a stone lavatory and garderobe. It was badly damaged by fire in 1980. It was completely restored in 1983 by Frederick Charles, father of the photographer Martin Charles. See RIBA110995 for a colour version of this image.

Office block under construction, Harewood Avenue, Marylebone, London: Harewood Avenue elevation

RIBA120587
Lam Biel & Partners
NOTES: This is part of a series of images taken by John Maltby showing the construction of this office block. It was sited next to Marylebone Station, but has since been demolished.
)
CLOSE