Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Ruins

View as Grid List
Sort by

Forum, Rome

RIBA113158

Temple of Hercules Victor (Tempio di Vesta), with the rear of the Temple of Portunus on the right in the background, Rome

RIBA113159
NOTES: The Temple of Hercules Victor (also called the Tempio di Vesta) dates from the end of the 2nd century BC and the oldest marble building to survive in Rome. The Temple of Portunus dates from the 1st century BC and was converted into the church of Santa Maria Egiziaca in 872.

Fragment of the colossal statue of Constantine the Great, Palazzo dei Conservatori, Rome, showing his foot

RIBA113160
Della Porta, Giacomo (1538-1602)
NOTES: Constantine I reigned from 25 July 306 AD to 29 October 312 AD. The Palazzo dei Conservatori, which houses part of the Capitoline Museum, was built by Giacomo della Porta in 1564-1575 to the design of 1536 by Michelangelo.

Forum of Augustus, Rome, Convent of Santa Maria Annunziata ai Monti, under demolition

RIBA113605
NOTES: The Convent of Santa Maria Annunziata ai Monti was the (now demolished) church of a convent of Dominican nuns which was built in the remains of the Temple of Mars Ultor in the Forum of Augustus. The convent was late 16th century, but incorporating remains of the ancient temple. It was demolished sometime after 1926 and all remains removed, although traces can be seen in the ancient masonry of the Forum.

Forum of Augustus, Rome, Convent of Santa Maria Annunziata ai Monti, after demolition

RIBA113606
NOTES: The Convent of Santa Maria Annunziata ai Monti was the (now demolished) church of a convent of Dominican nuns which was built in the remains of the Temple of Mars Ultor in the Forum of Augustus. The convent was late 16th century, but incorporating remains of the ancient temple. It was demolished sometime after 1926 and all remains removed, although traces can be seen in the ancient masonry of the Forum.
Close
)
CLOSE