Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Ruins

View as Grid List
Sort by

Capriccio known as The Tomb of Nero

RIBA125915
NOTES: This print is from a suite of four untitled plates, known as the `Grotteschi'. Probably first published in 1747 or 1748, and often reprinted, this copy was probably published during the 1760s. The plates, showing fantastic arrangements of human and architectural remains, were among Piranesi's earliest publications.

Capriccio known as The Monumental Tablet

RIBA125916
NOTES: This print is from a suite of four untitled plates, known as the `Grotteschi'. Probably first published in 1747 or 1748, and often reprinted, this copy was probably published during the 1760s. The plates, showing fantastic arrangements of human and architectural remains, were among Piranesi's earliest publications.

Church of Santi Giovanni e Reparata, Lucca: the uncovered Roman remains in the north transept

RIBA136343
NOTES: The church was built in 1160-1187 incorporating the remains of the early 4th-5th century church on the site and traces of a Roman house and baths. The front facade (not seen) was erected in 1589.

Church of St Peter, Great Walsingham, Norfolk: the window opening from the demolished chancel

RIBA136444
NOTES: The church is mainly 14th century with some later additions. The original chancel was demolished some time in the 16th century, but fragments remain. The porch was added in the 15th century and the interior fittings also date from then.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk

RIBA136565
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk

RIBA136566
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk

RIBA136567
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk: detail of arched doorway

RIBA136568
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk: looking towards the gatehouse

RIBA136569
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk

RIBA136570
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Friary ruins, Burnham Norton, Norfolk: the gatehouse

RIBA136571
NOTES: This is the remains of a Carmelite monastery founded in 1242-1247, the first in Norfolk. It was enlarged in 1249 and 1353.

Gothic folly of ruins, Gunnersbury Park, London

RIBA138530
Pocock, William Willmer (1813-1899)
Close
)
CLOSE