Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Round buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

The Lookout, Holkham, Norfolk

RIBA136822
Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects

The Lookout, Holkham, Norfolk

RIBA136823
Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects

The Lookout, Holkham, Norfolk

RIBA136824
Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects

The Lookout, Holkham, Norfolk

RIBA136825
Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects

The Lookout, Holkham, Norfolk

RIBA136826
Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects

Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, Liverpool

RIBA137291
Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: In 1930 Sir Edwin Lutyens was commissioned to design the second Roman Catholic cathedral to contrast with the Gothic Revival Anglican cathedral of Giles Gilbert Scott being erected on the other end of Hope Street from 1904. Construction on Lutyens's massive structure began in 1933 but was suspended in 1941 due to wartime restrictions. Work recommenced on the crypt in 1956 and it was completed in 1958. Thereafter Lutyens's design was considered onerously expensive and was abandoned with only the crypt complete.

Campanile (Leaning Tower), Campo dei Miracoli, Pisa

RIBA137304
Diotisalvi
NOTES: Construction on the detached bell tower of the cathedral complex began in 1173 under the direction of Diotisalvi. The tower began to sink and lean after completion of the third storey in 1178. Building resumed in1272 under Giovanni di Simone, architect of the Campo Santo, but was interrupted again in 1284 on reaching the seventh storey, owing to further leaning. The belfry was added by Tommano Simone in 1350.

Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King, Liverpool: detail of south staircase

RIBA137311
Gibberd, Sir Frederick (1908-1984)
NOTES: In 1930 Sir Edwin Lutyens was commissioned to design the second Roman Catholic cathedral to contrast with the Gothic Revival Anglican cathedral of Giles Gilbert Scott being erected on the other end of Hope Street from 1904. Construction on Lutyens's massive structure began in 1933 but was suspended in 1941 due to wartime restrictions. Work recommenced on the crypt in 1956 and it was completed in 1958. Thereafter Lutyens's design was considered onerously expensive and was abandoned with only the crypt complete.
)
CLOSE