Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Roofs

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: detail of the carved angels on the hammerbeam nave roof

RIBA138367
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: detail of nave roof showing arched tie beams

RIBA138368
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Andrew, Isleham, Cambridgeshire: the hammerbeam nave roof seen from below

RIBA138369
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from 1331. The majority of the interior of the church dates from the 15th century when the roofs of the nave and aisles were built. The west tower was rebuilt in 1863 by George E. Street after the original tower collapsed. The interior was also restored by Street in 1863-1865 and later in 1883 (chancel) and in 1897-1898, 1906-1907.

St Wendreda, March, Cambridgeshire: the nave showing the double hammer-beam roof with host of angels with outspread wings

RIBA138388
NOTES: The church is mainly mid 14th century with later work of c. 1400, late 15th century and c. 1528. The chancel was restored in 1874-1875.

St Wendreda, March, Cambridgeshire: double hammer-beam roof with host of angels with outspread wings

RIBA138389
NOTES: The church is mainly mid 14th century with later work of c. 1400, late 15th century and c. 1528. The chancel was restored in 1874-1875.

St Mary's Church, Swaffham Prior, Cambridgeshire: the nave looking east towards the rood screen and altar

RIBA138499
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: The oldest parts of the church date from the 12th Century (namely the tower) although parts of the nave and chancel are c.1100 and survive from the Norman church on the site. Much of the rest including the nave, aisles and west porch were all built in the 15th Century. The church became ruinous in the early 19th century and was restored by Sir Arthur William Blomfield with the chancel and north vestry (1878-1879) and the nave (1902-1903). In 1964-1965 a steel clad spire was added by Cecil Bourne.
Categories
)
CLOSE