Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Restoration

View as Grid List
Sort by

Northeycote Farm, near Wolverhampton: the rear elevation with outbuildings

RIBA132905
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: This was a farmhouse, dating from c. 1600. It was extensively restored from a semi-derelict state by Freddie and Mary Charles in the 1980s. See RIBA132895 for a black and white version of this image.

Northeycote Farm, near Wolverhampton

RIBA132906
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: This was a farmhouse, dating from c. 1600. It was extensively restored from a semi-derelict state by Freddie and Mary Charles in the 1980s.

Ancient High House, Stafford

RIBA133017
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA133030 for a colour version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford

RIBA133018
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA133031 for a colour version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford

RIBA133019
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA133032 for a colour version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: the fully restored porch

RIBA133020
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986.

Ancient High House, Stafford

RIBA133021
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986.

Ancient High House, Stafford: detail of restored console

RIBA133022
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986.

Ancient High House, Stafford: detail of 18th century wallpaper

RIBA133023
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986. See RIBA133033 for a colour version of this image.

Ancient High House, Stafford: detail of the underside of the main staircase and fragment of 18th century wallpaper

RIBA133025
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986.

Ancient High House, Stafford: detail of new passageway

RIBA133026
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986.

Ancient High House, Stafford: detail of the replacement water conduit for collecting rainwater

RIBA133027
F. W. B. & Mary Charles
NOTES: The Ancient High House in Stafford, was a grand timber-framed town house built for the Dorrington family in 1595. The insertion of three shops on the ground floor in 1885 damaged the sandstone plinth and undermined the structure and affected the visual coherence of the whole design. The whole building was restored in four phases from 1976-1986.
Close
)
CLOSE