Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Restoration

View as Grid List
Sort by

Designs for restoration, All Souls Church, Langham Place, London: plans, sections and details of the spire

RIBA21533
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: All Souls was designed by John Nash and built in 1822-1824. Severe damage to the roof was sustained following a World War II mine explosion in 1940, necessitating an extensive restoration scheme under the direction of Goodhart-Rendel which was completed in 1951.

West Hackney Church (St Paul's), London: design for its proposed reconstuction

RIBA21567
Cachemaille-Day, Nugent Francis (1896-1976)
NOTES: The West Hackney Church was founded in the 1820s and sustained extensive bomb damage in 1940 during World War II. It was replaced by the Church of St Paul.

St John the Baptist's Church, Kingscote, Gloucestershire: design for alterations and additions

RIBA21999
Teulon, Samuel Sanders (1812-1873)
NOTES: Teulon worked on the restoration of this church between 1851 and 1856.

Designs for post-war reconstruction of the City of London: bird's-eye perspective showing the proposed layout of the south area of the precinct surrounding St Paul's Cathedral

RIBA22298
Holden & Holford
NOTES: A third of the City's buildings were destroyed by aerial attack between September 1940 and March 1945. This design is one of a number produced by Holden & Holford between 1945 and 1955 for the proposed reconstruction of the City of London following World War II.

Plumpton Place, Lewes, East Sussex: the new music room added to the old manor house seen from across the lake

RIBA24142
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Plumpton Place is a moated Elizabethan manor dating from 1568. By the 19th century it had been reduced to a couple of cottages. In 1928 the house was restored and remodelled for Edward Hudson (the first owner of Country Life) by Sir Edwin Lutyens, and the gardens landscaped in collaboration with Gertrude Jekyll.

Palace of Baturin, Chernihiv Oblast: view of the pedimented front during Lukomsky's restoration

RIBA24249
Cameron, Charles (1743-1812)
NOTES: This neoclassical palace, built in 1799-1803 and attributed to Charles Cameron, replaced a Baroque palace built fifty years earlier by Andrey Vasilievich Kvasov for Count Kirill Razumovsky. It was restored in 1911 by Lukomsky.

Palace of Baturin, Chernihiv Oblast: close-up of the derelict semi-circular wing during Lukomsky's restoration

RIBA24251
Cameron, Charles (1743-1812)
NOTES: This neoclassical palace, built in 1799-1803 and attributed to Charles Cameron, replaced a Baroque palace built fifty years earlier by Andrey Vasilievich Kvasov for Count Kirill Razumovsky. It was restored in 1911 by Lukomsky.

Binfield House, Binfield, Berkshire: the main entrance

RIBA24259
Welch Cachemaille-Day & Lander
NOTES: Welch Cachemaille-Day & Lander made additions and alterations to this Georgian house for Major General Sir Alfred Knox in c. 1930.

Idsworth House, Hampshire: the principal corridor with wood panelling

RIBA24307
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: H. S. Goodhart-Rendel made alterations and additions to this house in 1913-14 for Sir Eustace Clarke Jervoise, Bt. The Idsworth Estate was purchased by the Clarke Jervoise family in 1789, whose descendants continued to live there until 1974.

All Souls, Langham Place, London: elevated view of the nave showing the damage caused by a landmine explosion in 1940

RIBA24308
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: Completed in 1824, All Souls Church is the last surviving church built by John Nash. Goodhart-Rendel was responsible for its restoration and new fittings in 1923-1927, and following war damage in 1947-1951.

All Souls, Langham Place, London: view of the nave, restored by H. S. Goodhart-Rendel, just prior to the landmine explosion which caused severe roof damage in 1940

RIBA24309
Goodhart-Rendel, Harry Stuart (1887-1959)
NOTES: Completed in 1824, All Souls Church is the last surviving church built by John Nash. Goodhart-Rendel was responsible for its restoration and new fittings in 1923-1927, and following war damage in 1947-1951.
Close
)
CLOSE