Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Restoration

View as Grid List
Sort by

Chateau Pierrefonds: the Room of Armour

RIBA13992
Viollet-le-Duc, Eugene Emmanuel (1814-1879)

Chateau Pierrefonds: the grand fireplace in the Room of Armour

RIBA13993
Viollet-le-Duc, Eugene Emmanuel (1814-1879)

Chateau Pierrefonds: bedroom

RIBA13994
Viollet-le-Duc, Eugene Emmanuel (1814-1879)

Chateau Pierrefonds: the grand fireplace in a bedroom

RIBA13995
Viollet-le-Duc, Eugene Emmanuel (1814-1879)

Chateau Pierrefonds: the Arcade of Surveillance

RIBA13996
Viollet-le-Duc, Eugene Emmanuel (1814-1879)

Norney, Shackleford, Surrey

RIBA15238
Voysey, Charles Francis Annesley (1857-1941)
NOTES: The house, restored by Jack Warshaw in 1991, was originally designed by Voysey in 1897. Voysey also built an additional wing and made alterations to the house in 1903.

Callaly Castle, Whittingham, Northumberland: the music room

RIBA15392
NOTES: The house was designed in various stages from 1675 to 1890 and restored and converted by Kit Martin in the 1980s.

Plumpton Place, Lewes, East Sussex: view from the Mill House across the lake to the old manor house

RIBA15704
Lutyens, Sir Edwin Landseer (1869-1944)
NOTES: Plumpton Place is a moated Elizabethan manor dating from 1568. By the 19th century it had been reduced to a couple of cottages. In 1928 the house was restored and remodelled for Edward Hudson (the first owner of Country Life) by Sir Edwin Lutyens, and the gardens landscaped in collaboration with Gertrude Jekyll.

Cathedral of Notre Dame, Ile de la Cite, Paris: the great gallery on the west front

RIBA16282
Lassus, Jean-Baptiste (1807-1857)
SOURCE: Revue generale de l'architecture et des travaux publics, vol. 9, 1851, pl. 16 NOTES: Construction on the cathedral began in 1163 and was completed c.1345. Jean-Baptiste Lassus and Eugene Viollet-le-Duc were responsible for the restoration of Notre Dame in 1841-1863.

Shrewsbury School, Castle Gate, Shrewsbury, Shropshire

RIBA16496
SOURCE: Constantin Uhde. Baudenkmaler in Grossbritannien (Berlin, 1894), vol. II, pl. 113 NOTES: The building was the site of Shrewsbury School, (founded in 1552) until 1882. It opened as the Town Public Library in 1983 following restoration work.

God's Providence House, Watergate Street, Chester

RIBA16504
Harrison, James (1814-1866)
SOURCE: Constantin Uhde. Baudenkmaler in Grossbritannien (Berlin, 1894), vol. II, pl. 151 NOTES: This half-timbered building, dated 1652, was reconstructed in the vernacular revival style by James Harrison in 1862.

Eltham Palace, London: the Great Hall

RIBA17152
Seely & Paget
NOTES: This royal palace was restored and extended from 1933 to 1936 by Seely & Paget. The Great Hall was originally built in the 1470s.
Close
)
CLOSE