Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Restoration

View as Grid List
Sort by

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: the restored north facade by Richardson

RIBA147503
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA157975 for a colour version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: the glazed wall of the entrance front

RIBA147504
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA157976 for a colour version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: the main entrance

RIBA147505
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA157977 for a colour version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: the main entrance

RIBA147506
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA157978 for a colour version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: the entrance facade showing part of the original Richardson facade

RIBA147507
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA157987 for a colour version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: detail of the steel supports above the canopy on the main entrance

RIBA147508
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: detail of the glazed wall and entrance canopy

RIBA147509
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: detail of the tensioned steel cables supporting the entrance canopy

RIBA147510
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA157980 for a colour version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London

RIBA147511
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA120882 for a black and white (print) version of this image.

Bracken House, Cannon Street, City of London: the main entrance with its glass canopy

RIBA147512
Richardson, Sir Albert Edward (1880-1964)
NOTES: Bracken House was built 1955-1958 for the Financial Times by Richardson. It was one of the first post-War buildings to be listed in 1987 and in 1988-1991 the central part was rebuilt and the building refurbished by Michael Hopkins and Partners for the Obayashi Corporation. See RIBA120886 for a black and white (print) version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the stained glass window in the Great Chamber

RIBA148235
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158745 for a colour version of this image.

Gilling Castle, Gilling East, North Yorkshire: the chmneypiece in the Great Chamber

RIBA148236
NOTES: The original fortified manor house dating from the 1570s was significantly remodelled internally and wings added at the beginning of the 18th century in the style of Vanbrugh, probably by William Thornton of York. The house was acquired by Ampleforth Abbey in 1929 becoming Ampleforth Preparatory School. The Great Chamber seen here was packed up and sold to William Randolf Hurst, the American publishing tycoon in 1930. But following his death in 1951, the unopened cases were eventually returned and the whole chamber reinstated in 1953 after a fund-raising campaign. See RIBA158746 for a colour version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE