Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.


View as Grid List
Sort by

Hadrian's Villa, Tivoli: the Canopus

NOTES: The Villa was built completely during the first ten years of Hadrian's rule in two phases. The Canopus was part of the second phase executed in 125-133.

Ekaterininsky Palace, Pushkin (Tsarkoe Selo): the Palladian bridge

Rastrelli, Bartolomeo Francesco (1700-1771)

Reichstag, Berlin: the mirrored cone

Foster & Partners
NOTES: The Reichstag has been the seat of the Bundestag since April 1999. The original 1894 building (architect Paul Wallot), was damaged by a fire in 1933 and bombed severely during World War II, leaving it gutted. After reunification, Foster & Partners were commissioned to redesign a new parliament for the Bundestag inside the shell of the old building, creating a new dome in the process.

Hilton Country Club, Las Vegas

G. C. Wallace Incorporated

Main Building, Gilmorehill, Glasgow University, seen from the River Kelvin

NOTES: This building was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and built in 1864-1870. The central tower, designed by his son John Oldrid Scott, was added in 1887-1891

Housing, Queen Elizabeth Square, Hutchesontown B, Gorbals, Glasgow

Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners

Pulteney Bridge, Bath

Adam, Robert (1728-1792)
NOTES: The bridge was designed by Robert Adam for William Johnstone Pullteney in 1769-1774. The western mid-stream pier was rebuilt in 1804. The bridge was altered in the 1890s and 1903, restored to some degree in 1951 and 1975.

The Vyne, Sherborne St John, Hampshire: the north front

Webb, John (1611-1672)
NOTES: The portico was added to the existing Tudor mansion by John Webb in c. 1655.

Penguin Pool, London Zoo, Regent's Park, London

Lubetkin Drake & Tecton
NOTES: This was Tecton's second commission for the Royal Zoological Society, the site consisting of a series of derelict ponds and a paddock. A dramatic design was needed to show off the antics of the penguins and this was achieved by two cantilevered ramps spiralling around one another without any intermediate support. The surrounding trees were kept and a cover provided around part of the elliptical structure to protect the penguins from the sun. The flat paths were coated with plastic rubber, the steps were of slate and the concrete ramps were kept wet by a revolving fountain. The structure was allowed under a clause in the London Building Act which exempted from the regulations buildings under a certain size which were not destined for human habitation and which were more than 30 ft from any other building. The pool had been allowed to fall into a state of disrepair after the Royal Zoological Society encountered strong opposition to its plans for major alterations in 1951. The pool was listed in 1970 and restored in 1988. The executive architects were Lubetkin and Drake.