Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Re-use

View as Grid List
Sort by

St Mary, Haverfordwest, Monmouthshire

RIBA6914
Christian, Ewan (1814-1895)
NOTES: This Norman church was rebuilt in Decorated style in 1250-1270 with 15th century additions. It was restored by Ewan Christian in 1881-1889.

St Mary, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire: detail of a clustered column with carved capitals

RIBA6915
Christian, Ewan (1814-1895)
NOTES: This Norman church was rebuilt in Decorated style in 1250-1270 with 15th century additions. It was restored by Ewan Christian in 1881-1889.

St Mary, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire: detail the carved capitals on a clustered cloumn

RIBA6916
Christian, Ewan (1814-1895)
NOTES: This Norman church was rebuilt in Decorated style in 1250-1270 with 15th century additions. It was restored by Ewan Christian in 1881-1889.

St Lawrence, Ludlow, Shropshire: the lantern tower seen from the crossing

RIBA6919
Blomfield, Sir Arthur William (1829-1899)
NOTES: This large cruciform church was largely rebuilt in Perpendicular style during the 15th century. The tower was restored in 1889-1991 by Sir Arthur Blomfield.

St Michael, Onibury, Shropshire: the west gallery and lamps added by Detmar Blow

RIBA6920
Blow, Detmar Jellings (1867-1939)
NOTES: This small medieval 14th century church was restored by Detmar Blow in 1902.

St Bartholomew, Tong, Shropshire: the alabaster tomb of Sir Richard Vernon of Haddon Hall, Treasurer of Calais (d.1451) and his wife, Benedicta of Ludlow under the south crossing

RIBA6923
NOTES: This church was built in 1409-1425 by Lady Isabel de Pembrugge (d.1446) in memory of her relatives. The only later addition was the Vernon Chantry, the so-called 'Golden Chapel', built in 1515-1519 to the south side of the south aisle. The church was restored by Ewan Christian, which was completed in 1892.

St Bartholomew, Tong, Shropshire: the alabaster tomb of Sir Richard Vernon of Haddon Hall, Treasurer of Calais (d.1451) and his wife, Benedicta of Ludlow under the south crossing

RIBA6924
Christian, Ewan (1814-1895)
NOTES: This church was built in 1409-1425 by Lady Isabel de Pembrugge (d.1446) in memory of her relatives. The only later addition was the Vernon Chantry, the so-called 'Golden Chapel', built in 1515-1519 to the south side of the south aisle. The church was restored by Ewan Christian, which was completed in 1892.

St Bartholomew, Tong, Shropshire: detail of the tomb chest of Sir Richard Vernon of Haddon Hall, Treasurer of Calais (d.1451) and his wife, Benedicta of Ludlow under the south crossing

RIBA6925
Christian, Ewan (1814-1895)
NOTES: This church was built in 1409-1425 by Lady Isabel de Pembrugge (d.1446) in memory of her relatives. The only later addition was the Vernon Chantry, the so-called 'Golden Chapel', built in 1515-1519 to the south side of the south aisle. The church was restored by Ewan Christian, which was completed in 1892.

St Andrew, Weston, Staffordshire: the belfry and south porch seen from the entrance gate

RIBA6932
NOTES: The Early English style tower is early 13th century while the remainder is Victorian. The north aisle was restored by George Gilbert Scott in 1860 and the south aisle and clerestory by William Butterfield in 1872.

St Leonards without, Kirkstead, Lincolnshire

RIBA6953
Weir, William (1865-1950)
NOTES: This church, built c.1230-1240 in Early English style, was formerly the chapel 'ante portas' of the abbey. The church closed in 1977 and was rescued from total decay by the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings. It was eventually restored by William Weir in 1913-1914.

St John the Baptist, St John Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire: the original angel roof

RIBA6956
Browning, Edward (1816-1882)
NOTES: The chancel roof with carved angels against the arched braces was restored in 1856 by Edward Browning.

St John the Baptist, St John Street, Stamford, Lincolnshire: detail of one of the carved angels of roof above the south aisle

RIBA6957
Browning, Edward (1816-1882)
NOTES: The chancel roof with carved angels against the arched braces was restored in 1856 by Edward Browning.
)
CLOSE