Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Re-use

View as Grid List
Sort by

Palazzo Pesaro degli Orfei, Venice: detail of ogee-arched windows

RIBA5512
NOTES: This building houses the Fortuny Museum.

Bath Abbey (or the Abbey Church of St Peter and St Paul), Bath: the restored nave looking towards the east window

RIBA5615
Scott, George Gilbert (1839-1897)
NOTES: This Benedictine abbey church was founded in 1499 and ruined in 1539 during the Dissolution. Restoration of the church to serve as the grand parish church of Bath was promoted by Elizabeth I in 1574 and a new nave timber roof of lath construction had been completed by 1608-1616. Major restoration work was carried out notably to the nave roof by Sir George Gilbert Scott in the 1860s. This was based upon the original vault designed by William and Robert Vertue.

St Peter, Little Barrington: the south porch

RIBA5655
NOTES: This Norman doorway arch was completely dismantled, cleaned, and reassembled in 1865.

Somerset House, Strand, London: the courtyard repaved with granite setts and the installation of fifty-five dancing fountains lit by fibre-optics

RIBA6102
Chambers, Sir William (1723-1796)
NOTES: The Strand block of Somerset House was designed by Sir William Chambers and built in 1776-1796. Donald Insall Associates oversaw its restoration in 1999-2001.

St Vedast alias Foster, Cheapside, City of London

RIBA6115
Bower, Stephen Dykes
NOTES: Designed by Sir Christopher Wren, this church was gutted by firebombs during the London Blitz of 1940 and 1941. It was restored by Stephen Dykes Bower between 1953 and 1964.

Tate Gallery, Albert Dock, Liverpool: the foyer

RIBA6284
Hartley, Jesse (1780-1860)
NOTES: These warehouses were part of the Albert Dock, designed by Jesse Hartley in 1845. They were converted into an art gallery by James Stirling, Michael Wilford & Associates in 1988.

Michelin building, Fulham Road, London

RIBA6326
Conran Roche
NOTES: The building was designed in 1911 by Francois Espinasse as Michelin's British headquarters. In 1987 it was converted into offices, a shop and a restaurant by Conran Roche and the YRM Partnership.

St Michael and All Angels, Stewkley, Buckinghamshire: the nave looking towards the chancel

RIBA6694
Street, George Edmund (1824-1881)
NOTES: This church, built in 1150-1180, is one of the finest Norman churches in England, having undergone little alteration since its construction. It was restored by George Edmund Street in 1862.

St Peter, Little Barrington, Gloucestershire: detail of the Early English dog-tooth stonework of the south porch

RIBA6702
NOTES: This Norman doorway arch was completely dismantled, cleaned, and reassembled in 1865.

St Helen, Wheathampstead, Hertfordshire

RIBA6715
Browning, Edward (1816-1882)
NOTES: Originally a Norman cruciform church, the plan of the present church was completed by the end of the 14th century. The central tower dates from around 1290 while the leaden brooch spire is a reconstruction of a Medieval version added during the restoration work of 1865-1866 carried out by Edward Browning.
)
CLOSE