Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Re-use

View as Grid List
Sort by

Manor House, East Barsham, Norfolk: detail of the chimneys

RIBA136540
Page, John
NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.

Manor House, East Barsham, Norfolk: the gatehouse

RIBA136541
Page, John
NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.

Manor House, East Barsham, Norfolk: the gateway

RIBA136542
Page, John
NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.

Manor House, East Barsham, Norfolk: detail of the gateway with the builder's coat of arms

RIBA136543
Page, John
NOTES: Prior to the early 20th century the house was known as Wolterton Manor. It was built in the 1520s by Sir Henry Fermor whose coat of arms are on the gatehouse. The house fell into ruin in the 18th century and remained so until the first restoration in 1922. This was done by the architect John Page of Holtom & Page, who then went on to substantially reconstruct the Manor in 1936-1938.

All Saints Church, Oxford: detail of pediment and columns

RIBA137309
Aldrich, Henry (1648-1710)
NOTES: Completed in 1720, the church of All Saints was designed by Henry Aldrich, the Dean of Christ Church. Nicholas Hawksmoor is thought to be responsible for the tower and the spire after Aldrich's death in 1710. The church was made redundant in 1971 and subsequently converted into Lincoln College library by Robert Potter.

Bankside Power Station, (Tate Modern), Southwark, London, floodlit at night

RIBA138516
Scott, Sir Giles Gilbert (1880-1960)
NOTES: Built 1954-1960, by Mott, Hay & Anderson (engineers) and architect Giles Gilbert Scott. It was converted into an art gallery by architects Herzog and De Meuron and opened as Tate Modern in May 2000.
)
CLOSE