NOTES: This station, one of two serving the town of Malvern, was opened by the Worcester & Hereford Railway in 1860. The buildings, designed by architect Edmund Wallace Elmslie, were completed in 1862.
NOTES: 'Alcazar', an LNER Class A1 60136, is seen awaiting departure on 'The Flying Scotsman' train for Edinburgh. It entered service in 1948 and was withdrawn in 1963. 'Sparrow Hawk', an LNER Class A4 60018, entered service in 1937 and was withdrawn in 1963.