Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Railway architecture

View as Grid List
Sort by

Bull Ring shopping centre, Birmingham

RIBA47283
Birmingham. City Architects Department

Abandoned rail track and tunnel of the Nunhead to Crystal Palace High Level Railway, Dulwich Wood, London

RIBA47803
NOTES: This line was built to take passengers to the Crystal Palace exhibition site at Sydenham. Train services on this line ceased from 1917-1919 and from 1944-1946 for wartime economies and the line finally closed to all traffic on 20 September 1954.

Timber footbridge across the cutting of the abandoned Nunhead to Crystal Palace High Level Railway, Dulwich Wood, London

RIBA47804
NOTES: This line was built to take passengers to the Crystal Palace exhibition site at Sydenham. Train services on this line ceased from 1917-1919 and from 1944-1946 for wartime economies and the line finally closed to all traffic on 20 September 1954.

Richmond Station, Richmond upon Thames, London, seen from the original Victorian platforms

RIBA49864
Scott, James Robb (1882-1965)
NOTES: In the mid 1930s the Southern Railway rebuilt the station and opened it in its current combined arrangement, London Underground and National Rail, on 1 August 1937.

Richmond Station, Richmond upon Thames, London: the entrance hall with iron and glass roof

RIBA49865
Scott, James Robb (1882-1965)
NOTES: In the mid 1930s the Southern Railway rebuilt the station and opened it in its current combined arrangement, London Underground and National Rail, on 1 August 1937.

Richmond Station, Richmond upon Thames, London: corner of the booking hall

RIBA49866
Scott, James Robb (1882-1965)
NOTES: In the mid 1930s the Southern Railway rebuilt the station and opened it in its current combined arrangement, London Underground and National Rail, on 1 August 1937.

Richmond Station, Richmond upon Thames, London: the parcels counter with sliding concertina doors

RIBA49867
Scott, James Robb (1882-1965)
NOTES: In the mid 1930s the Southern Railway rebuilt the station and opened it in its current combined arrangement, London Underground and National Rail, on 1 August 1937.

Haytor Granite Tramway, Ilsington, Devon

RIBA49916
Templer, George (1781-1843)
NOTES; Constructed by George Templer of Stover House near Bovey Tracey, this is the earliest railway in Devon. The line was laid along the contour and linked up the Haytor and Holwell quarries to the terminus of the Stover canal at Ventiford Wharf on the Teignmouth Estuary.

Haytor Granite Tramway, Ilsington, Devon

RIBA49922
Templer, George (1781-1843)
NOTES; Constructed by George Templer of Stover House near Bovey Tracey, this is the earliest railway in Devon. The line was laid along the contour and linked up the Haytor and Holwell quarries to the terminus of the Stover canal at Ventiford Wharf on the Teignmouth Estuary.

Atmospheric Railway engine house (Railway Museum), The Strand, Starcross, Devon

RIBA49944
Brunel, Isambard Kingdom (1806-1859)
NOTES: This was built as an engine and pumping house for the hugely expensive and short-lived South Devon Atmospheric Railway (1845-1847) by I. K. Brunel.
)
CLOSE