Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Railings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Villa Cavrois, Croix: detail of the railing around the swimming pool

RIBA112125
Mallet-Stevens, Robert (1886-1945)
NOTES: The Villa Cavrois was designed by Robert Mallet-Stevens in 1929-1932 for the wealthy industrialist Paul Cavrois. Remodelled in 1947 by Pierre Barbe, it was converted into three flats. In 1985 it had fallen into disrepair and by 2001 it was a virtual ruin, when it was bought by the state for a nominal sum of 1 euro, along with part of the grounds. Since then, there has been an extensive programme to restore the house back to its original 1932 form, under the supervison of Michel Goutal, Chief Architect of the Centre des Monuments Nationaux. This was completed in 2015, when the villa was opened to the public.

Ealing Broadway Centre, London: the new town square

RIBA119118
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA119134 for a colour version of this image.

Ealing Broadway Centre, London: the new town square

RIBA119134
Building Design Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA119118 for a black and white version of this image.

Kildare House, Dorset Rise, City of London: detail of railings

RIBA121210
Renton Howard Wood Levin Partnership
NOTES: See RIBA132585 for the negative of this image.

St George's Hall, Lime Street, Liverpool: detail of the east portico with the main air inlet in the foreground

RIBA130466
Elmes, Harvey Lonsdale (1814-1847)
NOTES: The design for St George's Hall was won in open competition by Harvey Lonsdale Elmes in 1839. Construction began in 1841 and after Elmes's death in 1847 work was continued by the Corporation Surveyor, John Weightman, until C. R. Cockerell took over as architect in 1851.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: church of St Andrew with wall and railings in the foreground

RIBA130697
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976. The medieval church of St Andrew was refaced by Henry Flitcroft c. 1742. The wall and railing with urn also date from this period.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the south (entrance) front under snow

RIBA130700
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976.

Wimpole Hall, Cambridgeshire: the north front with the library by Flitcroft on the right

RIBA130721
Gibbs, James (1682-1754)
NOTES: The house dates originally from c. 1640, when it was begun and possibly designed by its owner Sir Thomas Chicheley. It subsequently underwent many alterations. From 1693-1710 a detached orangery to the rear and a service wing were added. From 1713 James Gibbs added wings and library to the north-west. In 1742-1745 the central block was reroofed and the elevations reconstructed by the architect Henry Flitcroft. Another wing was added on the garden side to balance the library. Between 1791-1806 the interiors were remodelled by John Soane. The last phase was the extension of the east and west wings by H. E. Kendall (senior) in 1842 (largely demolished in 1953). The house was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1976.

Superstore for Sainsbury's, Camden Town, London: shop front with offices above

RIBA134084
Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners
NOTES: Perforated steel railings and ventilation moat keep pedestrians away from the shop window. See RIBA134094 for a colour version of this image.

Superstore for Sainsbury's, Camden Town, London: shop front with offices above

RIBA134094
Nicholas Grimshaw & Partners
NOTES: Perforated steel railings and ventilation moat keep pedestrians away from the shop window. See RIBA134084 for a black and white version of this image.

Mary Ward Settlement (Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings), Tavistock Place, London: detail of the area railings in front of the main entrance

RIBA134760
Smith & Brewer
NOTES: The Mary Ward Settlement (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Settlement Buildings) was founded in the 1890s by Mary Augusta Ward under the financial patronage of John Passmore Edwards. It aimed to provide facilities to 'improve the the religious, moral, intellectual or physical well-being of the people of London' and was also notable for housing the first fully equipped classrooms for children with disabilities. See RIBA86181 for a photoprint of this image.
Categories
)
CLOSE