Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Public buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the new extension by Asplund

RIBA159230
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132251 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the internal courtyard with the older building on the left and Asplund's glass wall to the right

RIBA159231
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132252 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the north-west courtroom looking towards the judge's desk

RIBA159232
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132253 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the judge's desk with cupboards behind

RIBA159233
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132254 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: looking towards the main staircase from the first-floor level

RIBA159234
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132260 for a black and white version of this image.

Law Courts, Gothenburg: the hall at ground-floor level looking towards the entrance end and the glass lift shaft

RIBA159235
Asplund, Erik Gunnar (1885-1940)
NOTES: The original law courts were built in 1672 by Nicodemus Tessin, but were rebuilt after a fire in 1732. In 1814-1817 an upper storey was added and the facade reworked by C. W. Carlberg. Later in the 19th century wings were added to the north and west, creating a central courtyard and the adjacent Commandant's House was taken over in1880 for use as offices. Asplund won a competition to redesign the courts in 1913, which was finally completed in 1937. See RIBA132261 for a black and white version of this image.

Archway at Somerset House, Strand, London

RIBA159763
Chambers, Sir William (1723-1796)
NOTES: See RIBA132598 for a black and white version of this image.

Hornsey Town Hall, Crouch End, London

RIBA159817
Uren, Reginald Harold (1906-1988)
NOTES: See RIBA133275 for a black and white version of this image.

Hornsey Town Hall, Crouch End, London

RIBA159818
Uren, Reginald Harold (1906-1988)
NOTES: See RIBA133276 for a black and white version of this image.

Hornsey Town Hall, Crouch End, London: one of the staircases

RIBA159819
Uren, Reginald Harold (1906-1988)
NOTES: See RIBA133277 for a black and white version of this image.

Hornsey Town Hall, Crouch End, London: one of the offices

RIBA159820
Uren, Reginald Harold (1906-1988)
NOTES: See RIBA133279 for a black and white version of this image.

Hornsey Town Hall, Crouch End, London: the council chamber

RIBA159821
Uren, Reginald Harold (1906-1988)
NOTES: See RIBA133280 for a black and white version of this image.
Close
)
CLOSE