Welcome to RIBApix!
You have no items in your basket.
Close
Filters
Search

Public buildings

View as Grid List
Sort by

Palazzo della Regione (also known as the Basilica Palladiana), Piazza dei Signori, Vicenza: elevation showing Palladio's two-storey loggia

RIBA31472
Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)
NOTES: This drawing is by an unidentified 19th century Italian architect. The Palazzo della Regione consists of two parts: the original mid 15th century Gothic town hall and Andrea Palladio's two-storey Istrian stone loggia, which was built around the existing structure from 1549. The ground floor ranges of western and northern arcades were completed in 1561, while the construction of the second storey commenced in 1564 and concluded in 1597. The facade onto the Piazza delle Erbe was not completed until 1614.

Palazzo della Regione (also known as the Basilica Palladiana), Piazza dei Signori, Vicenza: elevation and plan

RIBA36233
Palladio, Andrea (1508-1580)
SOURCE: Andrea Palladio. I Quattro libri dell'architettura (Venice, 1570), book III, p. 42 NOTES: The Palazzo della Regione consists of two parts: the original mid 15th century Gothic town hall and Andrea Palladio's two-storey Istrian stone loggia, which was built around the existing structure from 1549. The ground floor ranges of western and northern arcades were completed in 1561, while the construction of the second storey commenced in 1564 and concluded in 1597. The facade onto the Piazza delle Erbe was not completed until 1614.

Gwent County Hall, Cwmbran: eastern elevation of the seven-storey office block

RIBA39046
Leyshon, S.
NOTES: Architects: 1963-1972: Monmouthshire County Council. Department of Architecture, County Architect, S Leyshon; 1972 onwards, Gwent County Council. Department of Architecture, County Architect, K P Jones, consultant architects, Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners.

Gwent County Hall, Cwmbran: the council chamber

RIBA39047
Leyshon, S.
NOTES: Architects: 1963-1972: Monmouthshire County Council. Department of Architecture, County Architect, S Leyshon; 1972 onwards, Gwent County Council. Department of Architecture, County Architect, K P Jones, consultant architects, Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners. The council chamber was designed as a shallow amphitheatre with seats for 96 councillors

Gwent County Hall, Cwmbran: the terrace outside the staff dining room, looking towards the assembly hall with its cantilevered roof

RIBA39048
Leyshon, S.
NOTES: Architects: 1963-1972: Monmouthshire County Council. Department of Architecture, County Architect, S Leyshon; 1972 onwards, Gwent County Council. Department of Architecture, County Architect, K P Jones, consultant architects, Robert Matthew Johnson-Marshall & Partners.

Market Place, Derby, showing the site of the proposed Civic Hall

RIBA39049
NOTES: In 1970 architects Casson Conder & Partners were the winning design in a competition for the redevelopment of the Market Place area, to provide a new civic centre. The image shows the buildings intended for demolition as part of the scheme. The new civic centre which incorporated the gutted assembly rooms (not shown) opened in 1976.

Model for Derby Civic Centre, Derby

RIBA39050
Casson Conder & Partners
NOTES: The new civic centre which incorporated the gutted assembly rooms (not shown) opened in 1976.
)
CLOSE