NOTES: Consisting of two reservoirs, this was the first major pumped storage facility in the UK. The upper reservoir is an enlargement of the natural mountain lake, Llyn Stwlan, while the lower reservoir was formed by damming the Afon Ystradau with a concrete dam. The power station, built of local stone, is situated on the west side of the lower reservoir.
NOTES: This, the first coal-fired station on this site, was constructed in 1928 and began generating electricty in 1929. The station station in 1975 and its six cooling tower and two chimneys were demolished in 1978.
NOTES: Constructed downstream of the existing Kincardine power station on reclaimed land from the Firth of Forth, this coal-fired power station began generating electricity in 1970 and was fully commissioned in 1973.